Essay writing is one of the least favorite tasks of modern students – it requires a lot of time, in-depth preparation, good writing skills, and at least the basic knowledge of paper structuring and academic formatting styles. That’s why many get stuck and do not know what to start with. The main complexity of this assignment is that you cannot use any template since essay writing implies creativity and expression of your personal thoughts on a topic. If you are one of those who experience the problem of working on an essay, we have prepared some winning tips for you. Read further to know what to pay attention to when writing a paper and how to get inspired.
Expert Tips on How to Write an A-grade Essay
Essay writing is considered to be a very complex task that cannot be done overnight. Therefore, it is always better to start working on it in advance. Otherwise, you risk being late or submit a low-quality paper. You can use an example of essay writing to speed up the writing process. However, we also recommend you to consider the following tips:
- Think carefully about a topic you are going to write about. Ask yourself: what question should I answer in this paragraph or in the entire article? How to answer this question in the best way? What is the most important part of my answer? What will be my introductory sentence, my main thesis of the whole work, my topic sentences? What facts or evidence can I provide as an example to support my argument my thesis? How do I make this paragraph or the whole article interesting? Do I need more information on this topic and where do I find it?
- Write down the answers to each of the above questions separately in your notebook. The answer should be short and contain the basic idea of what you will write in a paragraph or section. It will not take much time, but it will help you organize the entire piece of writing.
- Find and write down facts and arguments that are related to the topic of your essay or the ones that support your main idea to prove. To save time and not to do the same job twice, make sure that you are looking for specific facts and for specific questions that you must answer.
- Write down your ideas on the subject / topic of the work. It is not a good idea to use thoughts of other people is essay writing. Ask yourself what else can you add or what’s interesting to people in this topic? Why is this topic important?
- Your answer to a question about an essay in general should contain a basic idea. Identify the most important arguments for yourself and formulate a basic idea that you will defend throughout the work. It will be your thesis statement.
- Organize your arguments and facts in such a sequence so that they logically reveal your main idea. When you have already decided on the main topic of the text, you just need to correctly tell it to the reader. Take a look at the facts you found and your own ideas about the topic. Select only those that best argue for the main idea of the work. However, selecting the right facts and your own ideas is only half the case. Another no less important step is the consistent order of their statements on paper. This will help you with a small scheme that you can use as a guide when writing your answers and evidence.
Performing the above six steps will help you create an all-covering essay outline and use it for writing your piece. In such a way, you will not miss out any important information and will organize the paper in the most effective way. It is a kind of brainstorming with a subsequent organization of points to be covered in a writing. You can always edit and improve a ready-made piece at any point of time if you get any idea.