Antec are a company that are prepared to make changes and revisions to products in order to further improve them and create top quality products. The P180 from the Performance One series was the first in a series and today we have the latest revision of this design – the P183. The P180 which was launched some time ago now was an instant hit, the P182 even better and hopefully the P183 that we have here today can improve upon an already highly impressive product. Antec have a great reputation for their cases so this should be of the highest order; let’s take a look.
Antec, Inc. is the leading global brand of high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself (DIY) markets. Founded in 1986, Antec is recognized as a pioneer in these industries and has maintained its position as a worldwide market leader and international provider of efficient, quiet, and reliable products. Antec has also achieved great success in the distribution channel, meeting the demands of quality-conscious system builders, VARs and integrators.
- Dual chamber design isolates heat and noise: the power supply resides in a separate chamber to isolate heat and reduce system noise
- No power supply included
- Power supply option: comes with a power supply mounting adapter to mount either a standard size power supply or Antec’s exclusive CP Series power supply
- Innovative three-layer, sound-deadening side panels and front door (aluminium, plastic, aluminium) dampen noise and ensure Quiet Computing™
- 11 drive bays
– External 4 x 5.25″; 1 x 3.5″
– Internal 6 x 3.5″ for HDD
- Cooling system:
– 1 rear (standard) 120mm x 25mm TriCool™ fan
– 1 top (standard) 120mm x 25mm TriCool™ fan
– 1 lower front chamber – 120mm fan (optional)
– 1 upper front chamber – 120mm fan (optional)
– 1 middle chamber – 120mm fan (optional)
- Cable organizers behind motherboard tray minimize cable clutter
- Front-mounted ports provide convenient connections:
– 2 x USB 2.0
– 1 x eSATA
– Audio In and Out (HDA and AC ’97 compatible)
- Double hinged door opens up to 270°
- 7 expansion slots
- 0.8mm cold rolled steel chassis for durability
- Motherboard: Mini-ITX, microATX and Standard ATX
- Case dimensions:
– 20.25″(H) x 8.1″(W) x 19.9″(D)
– 514 mm (H) x 205 mm (W) x 507 mm (D)
- Net weight: 30.9 lbs / 14 kg
What’s new in the P183?
- Front door vents, as well as wider vents along the door frame, improve airflow into the chassis.
- Filters and filter doors are integrated as one unit. The doors themselves have been modified to provide greater airflow, resulting in cooler system temperatures.
- Drive bay covers are vented and include air filters to provide better airflow.
- Lower chamber fan is now located in front of the hard drive cage, allowing for installation of longer PSUs as well as easier cable routing between the lower HD cage and the power supply.