Lavasoft are known throughout the spyware protection industry as a class leader, providing quality software which is reliable and effective. The free version of Ad-Aware is immensely popular with computer users worldwide, but here today we will be looking at what the Game Edition offers over the free or pro editions, and whether it is worth the $24.95 or £15.46 it can be bought for.
What they say…
“Designed for online gamers and entertainment fans, Ad-Aware Game Edition provides complete malware protection, including anti-virus and anti-spyware, while you work and play in full-screen mode – without the interruptions or system impact.”
So what does this mean?
Account stealing and the misuse of login details is on the rise, so increasingly it is becoming important for gamers to be constantly protected, so the importance of a secure anti-malware product is paramount. However, more often than not, security suites are bloated and can cause unparalleled slowing to the system, most gamers opt to leave out the security in preference of an improved gaming experience. This is where Ad-Aware’s Game Edition claims to comes in.
So, with one of the main draw backs being that it ‘won’t get in your way – no interruptions, no breaks in security, and no bogging down of your machine’s resource,’ this will come under scrutiny in the following review, in the hope that also the UI and the experience will not be negatively affected due to these changes.
- Processor: Intel Pentium 600 MHz or better
- RAM: Operating system + min 100 MB
- Free hard disk space: 100 MB recommended
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (32-bit)
- Anti-virus + anti-spyware
- Ad-Watch Live! Expert real-time protection
- Genotype detection technology
- Behaviour-based heuristics detection
- Rootkit removal system
- Do Not Disturb Mode
- The Scheduler
- The Neutralizer malware removal tool
- Minimal strain on resources
- Simple Mode/Advanced Mode
- Customizable profile scans
- Pin–point file scans
- External drive scans
- Lavasoft SmartSet
- Automatic Threat Updates
- Free technical support