Stratospherix NetPortal 1.2
Author: Rhys Published: December 27th, 2009 5:34 PM Category: Mobile Apps,Reviews Rating:
Imagine being able to access the files and folders on your PC from a mobile device. For most of us, this would massively change the way in which we work. Instead of waiting until you’re near a PC to be able to preview and proof read reports for tomorrow’s meeting, you’re now suddenly able to do it whilst travelling about, therefore making full use of your available time.
Dream-not though, this is now reality. NetPortal, an app available to iPhone users boasts to be able to do just this and many more tasks. Furthermore, costing just £2.99 (or $4.99 to our American friends) on the fruit-shop’s store, Stratospherix’s app sounds too good to be true. Let’s find out if it is…
“Stratospherix is a start up company developing high quality software specifically for the iPhone. All of our software is designed with ease of use and robustness as primary requirements. We use the apple design guidelines to offer a intuitive user experience to anyone familiar with the iPhone.
Our seasoned developers each have at least 15 years experience in corporate software.”
- Text, PDF, iWork, RTF
- Microsoft Office files including: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Image formats: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIF
- Audio and Video files, all formats supported by the iPhone
- HTML and webarchive files
- Access favourite network shares, folders, or files, with just 2 clicks.
- Bookmark locations on remote servers or your iPhone
- Bookmark folders or files
- Sort your bookmarks by: Last used, Name, Location, User defined
- eMail documents as attachments using the iPhone’s OS 3.0 built-in email application
- Hierarchical Browsing of all files and folders
- Automatic enumeration of network shares
- Background enumeration of files/folders, allows you to navigate into a sub-folder, or open a file, as soon as you see it.
File and Folder Management
- Copy files to your phone for later/offline viewing
- Keep files on your phone as long as you wish, and organise them as you choose
- Create and arrange local folders.
- Move files between local folders
- Mac OSX
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 2000 Workstation / Server
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows Home Server
- Using Apple’s secure VPN: GPRS, Edge, 3G, WiFi
To learn more about NetPortal, click here to visit Stratospherix’s website.
Where to Purchase
NetPortal can be purchased for $4.99 or £2.99 from the Apple App Store.