Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Gaming Headset Review
Author: Brandon Saltalamacchia Published: September 27th, 2011 7:51 PM Category: Headsets,Reviews Rating:
I’ve had two Turtle Beach headphones in the past and both of them broke, so when I got the Turtle Beach Ear Force X12′s to review I was thinking it would end up the same. A lot of gamers will have heard of Turtle Beach as its one of the most common gaming headphone manufactures out there, they have stereo headphones, dolby digital surround sound, wireless headphones and more for all gaming platforms.
- 50mm diameter speakers with neodymium magnets
- Speaker Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz, >120dB SPL @ 1kHz
- Condenser Microphone Frequency Response: 50Hz – 15kHz
- Cable length: 16 ft. (4.87m)
- Weight: 6.4 oz (233g)
- Headphone Amplifier: Stereo DC-coupled, 35mW/ch, THD <1%, Frequency Response: DC – 30kHz
- Bass Boost: Variable up to +12dB@150Hz
- Mic mute switch
- Maximum analog input level with volume control on maximum setting: 2Vpp (700mV rms)
- 3.5mm plug for line input
- 3.5mm plug for mic output
- 2.5mm XBOX 360® controller input jack
- USB connector for power (5VDC @ <60mA max)
- Dimensions: Height .5in (1.27cm), Width 2in (5.08cm), Depth .75in (1.905cm)
- 8.75 x 6.75 x 3.75 (inches)
The design of the headset looks pretty average, but it defiantly has that ‘Turtle Beach” look to it. Its ear cups are slightly slanted to give it a more comfortable feel, inside the ear cups it has the turtle beach logo, it has a nice chunky head strap which is always nice. It has a non detachable mic which is very flexible.
The padding around the ear-cups are top notch, they are very soft and fit around the ear very well, I have wore this through some long gaming sessions and I have no problem with them being uncomfortable and for me its extremely hard to find a gaming headset that you can wear hours on end without taking them off to rest your ears. Also the ear-cups are very flexible as they can rotate slightly at almost every angle so it can fit nice and snug on your head.