If you haven’t heard of Zalman, be ashamed. The world famous Korean manufacturer has always been the leading company for air coolers. Their iconic and highly efficient flower design has managed to survive many revisions and changes to support even the latest processors. One of their most recent models is the CNPS9900 LED, let see how it performs in comparison to some other top CPU Coolers.
“Zalman Tech Co. is a Korean company that develops and provides aftermarket desktop computer products with primary focus on cooling enhancement.
Zalman has done considerable product development since its 1999 founding, and now holds several patents focusing on both cooling and fan noise-reduction. Personal computer systems can generate significant heat and noise, the management of which is important for those modifying or assembling computer systems. Zalman’s product range includes specialized heat sink and fan solutions for CPUs, as well as quiet power supplies, computer water cooling systems, motherboard chipset coolers, graphics card heat sink and fan combos, laptop coolers, cases, and hard disk cases that lower temperature and reduce noise.”
- Does not generate noise or vibration in Silent Mode.
- 100% copper heatsink with aerodynamically optimized “tunnel” design for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Patented heatpipe design for cooling performance of up to 6 heatpipes with the use of just 3.
- Ultra-thin 0.2mm fins for minimized weight and significantly reduced airflow resistance.
- Compatible with all Intel Socket 1366/775 and all AMD Socket AM2+/AM2/754/939/940 based Single, Dual, and Quad Core CPUs.
- Ultra quiet 120mm PWM LED fan for automatic fan speed control according to the CPU’s temperature.
|Dimensions||94(L) x 131(W) x 152(H) mm|
|Base Material||Pure Copper|
|Bearing Type||2 Ball-Bearing|
|Speed||1,000rpm ~ 2,000rpm ± 10 %|
|Noise Level||19.5dBA ~ 38.0dBA ± 10%|
|Control Method||PWM Control, Auto Restart|
CPU Socket Support
As you can see, the CNPS9900 supports a wide variety of processors – both new and old.